corporate social responsibility
Policy StatementStantek Electronics is committed to conducting its business in a socially responsible manner with respect to the environment, its employees and all who deal with us. All employees also bear a responsibility to act as ambassadors for the Company in terms of their general conduct both within and outside the organisation, and to this end all employees will be supported in their understanding and adherence to this Code by training and monitoring where appropriate.
Policy StatementStantek Electronics will always endeavour to behave with honesty, integrity and professionalism in its business dealings.
In addition to the duties placed on employees by Civil and Statute Law, Stantek requires its employees to ensure:
- No bribes or any other means of soliciting an improper advantage shall be offered, paid or accepted.
- Fees or commissions for services rendered by third parties must be for legitimate business purposes.
- Respect of third party intellectual property and confidential information, and will not take advantage of such third party assets which are protected by law, registration or contractual agreement.
- Stantek Electronics will support any employee who becomes aware of and are willing to report breaches of this policy or who genuinely believe that a breach is occurring, has occurred or is likely to occur within the business. The employee can raise the concern openly and confidentially without fear of reprisal.
- Stantek Electronics will not engage for work, either directly or indirectly any person who is defined as ‘a child’ considered to be under the minimum age for employment in this country.
Slavery and Human Trafficking:
- Stantek Electronics has a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and is committed to ensuring modern slavery neither takes place in its own business or in any of its supply chains, consistent with its disclosure obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Health and Safety
Policy StatementStantek Electronics recognises that ensuring and maintaining a healthy and safe working environment is fundamental to achieving its business and employee responsibilities and objectives. Stantek will ensure:
- Continuous monitoring of potential work place hazards, risk assessments, preventative maintenance and employee training. Where required or necessary Stantek will ensure that Personal Protective Equipment is issued.
- Stantek will put in place action plans that will protect its employees, third parties and the business from emergencies such as fire and flooding. Drills will be regularly carried out to ensure the preparedness in such events. Should the situation require or become necessary, Stantek will implement it’s ‘Disaster Recovery Plan’
- Systems and procedures will be put in place to manage and measure performance in terms of injury or illness.
- Stantek Electronics will monitor and identify where employees are involved in repetitive or physically demanding work at which time control measures will be implemented to minimise impact upon its employees.
- Stantek will assess all pieces of machinery for risk of injury or accident. Guarding interlocks and appropriate safety measures will be provided.
Policy StatementStantek Electronics recognises that discrimination and victimisation is unacceptable and that it is in the interests of the Company and its employees to utilise the skills of the total workforce. It is the aim of Stantek to ensure that no employee or job applicant receives less favourable facilities or treatment (either directly or indirectly) in recruitment or employment on grounds of age, disability, gender/gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation (the protected characteristics).
Likewise our employees will not discriminate directly or indirectly, or harass customers or suppliers on any such grounds as stated above.
Policy StatementEnvironmental responsibility is an integral part of our business strategy. Stantek strives to fulfil this commitment by implementing its environmental policy to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
- Monitor the implementation of the policy by ongoing compliance and as and when necessary to introduce corrective action.
- Ensure all employees, in the course of their duties, act in accordance with the environmental policy.
- Encourage suppliers, contractors and vendors to act in accordance with our environmental policy.